Complaints Procedure

Our complaints procedure provides an opportunity for any grievances to be handled internally.


1. If a customer/tenant believes they have a grievance, they need to e-mail within 3 months of the incident.


The e-mail needs to include the following details for it to be processed as a formal complaint:

* The customer’s/ tenant's name and property address the complaint relates to

* The subject line needs to state "FORMAL COMPLAINT" for it to be processed as such

* name and contact details of anyone helping the customer with the complaint

* the factual details of the customer’s/tenant's complaint

* why the customer/tenant thinks their previous complaint was not resolved to their satisfaction

* copies of any relevant documents


2. Receipt of the email will be acknowledged within 3 working days.


3. The complaint will be investigated and a written reply will be sent within 10 working days of the initial acknowledgement.


4. If Student Haus is unable to resolve the matter within the 10 working days as stated above, Student Haus will provide reasons why Student Haus could not meet this time frame and provide an estimate of when a full response will be received


5. If the customer/tenant is not satisfied with the outcome of our initial investigation, Student Haus will offer a further opportunity to have the grievance reviewed.


Student Haus is a member of the Property Redress Scheme. If the customer/tenant remains unhappy with the response received and the complaints procedure has been exhausted, the customer/tenant can contact the Property Redress Scheme. In order to take the complaint to The Property Redress Scheme the customer/tenant must first have carried out the following:

• The customer/tenant has waited 8 weeks from the date of the customer’s written complaint to Student Haus for a response

The Property Redress Scheme is a government approved Redress Scheme who resolves complaints between Members and their consumers. The complainant must have exhausted the Member's internal complaints procedure and remain dissatisfied with the Member's response. The Property Redress Scheme is free to use for the complainant and further information and guidance on how to resolve complaints is available via their website. In order to make a complaint, please contact the Property Redress Scheme directly or alternatively, visit their website and fill out a Complaints Form.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.